Six Park’s sustainable portfolios help you invest in a more sustainable future.
Our sustainable portfolios feature:
✔ Sustainable ETFs selected by Six Park’s expert Investment Advisory Committee
✔ Very low underlying costs from issuers
✔ High-quality global investment diversification
How it works
Take the free assessment
Take our short online assessment so we can understand your risk profile and how long you plan to invest. We will then recommend an appropriate investment strategy for you. You can choose between our standard or sustainable portfolios.
Fund your account
We set up your cash management and brokerage accounts. Add money to your account and when your balance is $2,000 or more, we invest your money in carefully selected exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
We provide regular reporting, reviews and rebalancing, which keeps your investments on track. You can monitor your portfolio 24/7 on your computer or mobile, and we also offer support online or on the phone.
How we’ve crafted our sustainable portfolios
At Six Park, we understand that many investors want the option to choose more sustainable investments. Six Park’s Investment Advisory Committee has analysed the many exchange-traded funds (ETFs) available in Australia, and recommended what it believes are the best ETFs for investing in more sustainable companies while providing low-cost, high-quality diversification and transparency over their investment philosophies.
The sustainable ETFs that have been chosen for our portfolios are:
IESG iShares Core MSCI Australia ESG Leaders ETF
- IESG provides strong sustainable characteristics while achieving a risk and return profile comparable to the ASX 200 index.
- Blackrock iShares launched IESG in June 2021. IESG aims to provide investors with the performance of the MSCI Australia IMI Custom ESG Leaders Index, before fees and expenses. Its objective is to provide exposure to large, mid and small cap segments of the Australian market with better sustainability credentials relative to their sector peers.
- IESG offers a comprehensive ESG screening process as well as low management costs. While still relatively small with a short trading history, the fund is growing rapidly.
- At a minimum, IESG endeavours to screen out companies with involvement in controversial weapons, UN Global Compact violators, nuclear weapons, thermal coal, tobacco, civilian firearms and oil sands.
- It has strong sustainability criteria – companies must have MSCI ESG rating of BB or higher, and an MSCI ESG controversies score above 3 rating from MSCI. Screens are then applied for involvement in fossil fuels, weapons, firearms, tobacco, alcohol, gambling, nuclear power, oil sands, thermal coal power, adult entertainment and UN global compact violations. Eligible companies are then ranked on ESG scores and market cap until a target of 50% of cumulative free float market cap is reached, with individual stocks capped at 10%.
- Highly credentialled issuer.
- IESG replaces STW in Six Park’s sustainable portfolios.
VESG by Vanguard (Ethically Conscious International Shares Index)
- VESG seeks to track the return of the FTSE Developed ex Australia Choice Index (with net dividends reinvested).
- VESG provides unhedged exposure to many of the world’s largest companies listed in major developed countries, offering low-cost access to a broadly diversified range of securities.
- VESG excludes companies with significant business activities involving fossil fuels, nuclear power, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, weapons, adult entertainment and a conduct related screen based on severe controversies.
- VESG will replace VGS in our sustainable portfolios.
IHWL iShares Core MSCI World ex Australia ESG Leaders (AUD Hedged) ETF
- IHWL aims to provide investors with the performance of the MSCI World Ex Australia Custom ESG Leaders Index 100% Hedged to AUD, before fees and expenses. The index is designed to measure the AUD hedged performance of global, developed market large and mid-capitalisation companies with better sustainability credentials relative to their sector peers.
- IHWL has a low underlying cost (0.14%) and a strong ESG rating from MSCI (AA). It also offers significant diversification of more than 700 stocks.
- IHWL is currency-hedged to the Australian dollar, which seeks to minimise the effect of currency fluctuations on returns.
- IHWL replaces VGAD in our sustainable portfolios.
The process for setting up a sustainable portfolio is simple. Click “Get started” and take the online assessment. We’ll provide an investment recommendation and you tell us whether you’d like a standard or sustainable portfolio. Our minimum investment is $2,000 and fees start from as little as $6.25 a month.